Skin Tightening 101
What exactly is skin tightening and what are some of the real results you can see from aesthetic procedures? Imagine for a moment that your dermis is like a mattress; as it ages and it loses its shape, it loses the support and cushion it once offered. To answer the ever-pressing question of how to get firmer skin, we need to get into the dermal layer and develop collagen at the foundation.
There are essentially 3 means to recovering lost elasticity and youth to the face by promoting collagen synthesis: ultrasonic facial procedures, laser-based skin tightening and liquid lifts/filler. If you are seeking maximum intervention or a non-invasive solution – these are the primary means to firmer, tighter skin without surgery.
Ultrasonic Skin Tightening
After one Ultrasonic Anti-Aging Treatment: Textural smoothing, minimized pores, brighter tone. Skin Rejuvenation Clinique, Inc
After one Ultrasonic Anti-Aging Treatment: Reduced fine lines and crows feet with textural improvement around the eyes. Skin Rejuvenation Clinique, Inc.
A rejuvenating facial treatment that combines the benefits of our lactic peel with sound waves to drive collagen-building antioxidants and amino peptides into the deeper layers of skin.
- Safe and gentle exfoliation with water helps smooth the appearance of lines and wrinkles
- Improves skin texture and minimizes the look of pores
- Hydrates and visibly decreases the look of nasolabial folds and crows feet with Rest-N-Restore
- Aids in improving skin’s penetration fo collagen-building antioxidants, like vitamin c to help firm sagging/loose skin
- Offers Botox®-like smoothing of the forehead, glabella and crows feet with Wrinkle Release Complex
- Increases skin radiance and glow for dry or dehydrated skin conditions
- Assists in active acne treatments and makes extractions more easy
- Gentle enough for sensitive skin and rosacea conditions
Firmer skin with no downtime, skin tightening with broadband light technology has two primary facets to achieving a natural-looking firmer skin tone. First, the infared light heats the dermal layers of skin to firm-up collagen and the look of your face. As it is fimring the skin, the infared energy is dually stimulating your body’s natural repair process. This helps grow and strengthen collagen fibers and rebuild the springs that support the skin.
Overall, laser-based tightening can be performed right along with IPL photofacials to dually firm the skin while lifting age spots and sun damage. So, there’s no need to book separate appointments to achieve multiple goals. However, laser-based tightening takes – on average – 4 procedures every 2 weeks for maximum collagen-building benefits and results. This is important because the skin’s natural healing process may last for 4-6 weeks after the initial procedure. After 4 treatments, maintain your results with a progressive anti-aging regimen (like Advanced Rejuvenating Concepts) and the Ultrasonic Rejuvenation Facial.
A new name for the common injected filler procedure, Liquid Lifts utilize Juvederm®, Radiesse®, Sculptra® or Restylane® to help fill facial volume and promote collagen synthesis in lieu of a surgical facelift. What are the differences?
- Radiesse® and Sculptra® are both considered long-term filler injections. They temporarily fill facial volume to minimize the look of wrinkles, but dually claim to stimulate collagen for more long-term rejuvenation benefits.
- Juvederm® and Restylane® are hyaluronic fillers that replenish lost facial volume and smooth wrinkles, but do not promote long-term benefits of collagen synthesis.
A professional injection nurse or physician can combine the benefits of filler and neurotoxin to smooth fine lines and wrinkles for an overall more youthful look to the face. They do not assist with hyperpigmentation or vascular lesions/rosacea like a laser or IPL device. You may need a combination of treatments to achieve your best look.
There’s several options out there for firmer, tighter skin; it’s important to understand that there are short-term and long-term options and – whether you choose short or long – maintaining your investment with the proper home regimen and regular facial procedures will keep you aging gracefully into your golden years.