Body Peel Treatments
Body peels deliver multiple benefits to your skin by making your skin look better and allowing your skin care products to be more effective.
What areas of the body can be treated?
Most all areas of the body can be treated with a rejuvenating body treatment. For intimate lightening requests, we suggest a home regimen with our Lighten Lotion.
What kinds of conditions can body peels benefit?
- Mottled skin tone, age spots, and freckles
- Dark, velvety or thickened regions of skin
- Ashy, dry, scaly, or lackluster skin
- Acne and acne scarring
- White bumps and rough texture
- Ingrown hair reduction
Your Skin Rejuvenation Aesthetician will start with a skin consultation and analysis to help determine your unique skin care goals and discuss how the procedure can benefit your skin.
After a deep enzymatic cleansing, your aesthetician will prep your skin for the peel procedure. Depending on the area of the body to be peeled, pre-peel precautions are taken so you experience the best results without irritation. Once this step is completed, a light skin peel is applied and massages into the skin before neutralizing.
For larger and thicker-skinned areas of the body, like the back or legs, a post-peel scrub with DermaBuff Microcrystal Exfoliant treatment may be done for optimal results. In-between treatments, Dermabuff may be used to accelerate the lightening or acne-reducing results you want to achieve.
Depending on the treatment administered, it may take up to one week for your skin to recover completely. During the repair/renewal period, you may, or may not, experience slight tingling, itching, burning or tightness of the superficial layers of your skin. These sensations will gradually diminish. Follow these guidelines to help ensure the safest recovery.
24 to 48 hours post-peel
- Avoid sun exposure.
- No hot tub, steam room or sauna.
- No strenuous activities or exercise.
- Do not pick, peel, scrape or scratch your skin.
- Do not use any retinol products, lightening products, or exfoliating products.
- Do not use any hair removal creams or wax over the treated area.
- Avoid hair color, perm or other chemical solutions.
Schedule Your Appointment